
The Graveyard book by Neil Gaiman is this year's Newbery award winner. Gaiman the author of Coraline (Soon to be in theaters) has written a story about an orphan named Bod, short for Nobody, who is taken in by the inhabitants of a graveyard as a child of eighteen months. He is raised lovingly and carefully to the age of eighteen years by the community of ghosts and otherworldly creatures.
Honor Award Runner Ups:
After Tupac & D Foster by Jacqueline Woodson
Savy by Ingrid Law
The Surrender Tree: Stories of Cuba's Struggle for Freedom by Margarita Engle
The Underneath by Kathi Appelt
All of these titles are on order at Gelinas Library. We will let you know when they arrive.
I read the book, Coraline and really liked it. Can't wait to see the movie!
ReplyDeleteI read The book True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle. It was a fantastic book. It is about a 13 year old girl living in the past. She is on a ship, travling to london. She is the only girl on the ship and the captin is horrible. The whole crew hates the captin. She gets stuck in sticking situations. This book is exiting and full of action. I could not put the book down. If you like a thrilling tale then you should read True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle.
ReplyDeleteI read the Graveyard book by Neil Gaiman. It was okay if you like long stories about ghosts. I don't think I would recommend it otherwise.
ReplyDelete